This veggie lasagna has been a staple in our house for the last six years. It's filling, makes for leftovers and has protein from the tofu ricotta.
• 1 package of no boil lasagna noodles (Catelli gluten free)
• 1 zucchini - cut into thin slices
• 2 cups of mushrooms
• 1 cup of spinach
• 1 can of tomato or pasta sauce
• 1.5 cups of vegan cheese shreds
• 1/2 block of extra firm tofu
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp vegan pesto or fresh basil
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
Preheat oven to 400°
Slice zucchini and dice mushrooms
Cook zucchini, mushrooms and spinach in a frying pan with olive oil until softened
Layer tomato sauce, noodles, vegetables and tofu ricotta in a casserole dish. Stack until you've reached the desired height.
Add tomato sauce on top of the last layer and then add the vegan cheese shreds
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes with the lid on and 10 minutes with the lid off
Let it cool down and then enjoy!